So a friend tells you “I couldn’t send you an email, your mailbox is full!”
You go ahead and clean up your Inbox in your mail program. But the problem doesn’t seem to go away.
Here is why:
When an email account is set up on a computer (using Microsoft Outlook, MacMail etc.), there is an option to keep a copy of the emails on the mail server for a period of time. Even though you cleaned your Inbox on your computer, the messages are still sitting on the Caorda mail server.
What to do:
- Login to Caorda Webmail using the same login credentials as in your mail program.
- Open your mail program (Microsoft Outlook, MacMail etc.) on your computer:
- Go to Tools > Email Accounts, select your email account and take a look at the Delivery settings.
- You can choose not to leave a copy of your messages on the server.
- You can choose to leave a copy but remove from the server after a number of days.
- You can choose to leave a copy but remove from the server when deleted from the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Leaving a copy of your messages on the server is useful if you use Caorda Webmail to view your messages. Most people use their default mail program on their computer or laptop, in which case leaving a copy of messages on the server is not necessary.
- For more information on how to change Delivery settings please click here.
- We can setup the mailbox to automatically delete messages that are more than say 60 days old.
- We can increase the size of your mailbox to something more than 50 MB. However, it is important to note that an increase may only be a temporary measure as that space will eventually fill up if you don’t keep cleaning up the mailbox or change the mail settings. It will just take longer before that happens.
Still in doubt? Contact email@example.com.