You’re innovative. You’re a self-starter. You’re always up for a challenge. You’re exactly what we’re looking for! Come join Caorda Web Solutions’ dynamic team where your effort and input will make a difference.
Caorda Web Solutions provides creative web site design, digital marketing, seo, custom web and database development, mobile app development, and hosting solutions to a significant client base of small to medium sized businesses. Since 2003, Caorda’s team has been bringing the heat with full end-to-end web services, getting businesses of all sizes online and performing their absolute best. As a testament to our quality of work, Caorda has won the VIATEC Online Strategy of the Year Award and has been nominated many times as a finalist in various categories.
As a Caorda Team we:
- believe in authentic collaboration
- believe a sense of humour and fun are essential parts of our business
- believe in creating a high-performance culture
Caorda prides itself on being a company that works hard to achieve superior results, while always ensuring there is time taken to foster an enjoyable work environment.
Job Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: February 9, 2021
Caorda is looking for a full-time, permanent Full-Stack Web Developer to help round out our excellent team. We are looking for a well-rounded developer with existing skills across multiple platforms or a willingness to learn outside your current skillset.
This is a great opportunity for an applicant looking to enhance his or her skills and is willing to be challenged daily with a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. The primary duties of this position are varied and revolve around custom website development and maintenance on various platforms (WordPress, Drupal, .NET, native mobile app development). The range of tasks will vary from project to project and will include developing responsive custom and theme based websites, troubleshooting and support existing client websites, creating and executing database queries, mobile and web application development. Responsibilities for the role include taking ownership of tasks, providing accurate estimates on scope of work and seeing the tasks and projects through to delivery while ensuring communications within our team are clear. We’re a smaller team with lots on the go, and team members generally fill multiple roles; versatility and flexibility are critical traits for all team members.
- Implement and develop responsive custom and theme websites on various platforms
- Implement websites using the latest standards in HTML and CSS coding
- Maintain and support existing PHP websites and web applications
- General website maintenance, troubleshooting and content updates
- Develop and maintain custom WordPress plug-ins
- Develop custom PHP applications
- Develop custom .NET applications
- Provide accurate estimates for smaller tasks and larger projects
- Handle multiple projects with tight task deadlines
- Communicate with project managers on requirements, project status and deliverables
- Contribute to Caorda’s online voice with blog articles on technical topics
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise
- Excellent HTML/CSS skills, with a focus on HTML5/CSS3
- WordPress knowledge and experience
- Drupal knowledge and experience
- Experience with back and front-end web development using ASP.NET MVC and/or .NET
- Experience with PHP development
- Understanding of databases (SQL Server and MySQL) with a comfort querying databases
- Ability to write a data-driven web app front to back
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Good understanding of website UI, UX, and accessibility best practices
- A commitment to writing clean code and an adherence to standards
- Strong requirements gathering skills
- An understanding of SEO development and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Business awareness regarding project delivery
- Experience with MS Outlook and Office suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working independently (with just a project manager) and collaboratively as part of a small design and development team
If you think you’re ready for a challenge and would like to be part of our team please send your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or use the form below.