This position is filled. Thank you for your interest in joining the Caorda family.
You’re innovative. You’re a self-starter. You’re always up for a challenge. You’re exactly what we’re looking for! Come join Caorda Web Solutions’ dynamic team where your effort and input will make a difference.
Caorda Web Solutions provides creative website design, custom web and database development, mobile app development, digital marketing, SEO and hosting solutions to a significant client base of small to medium-sized businesses. Since its inception in 2003, Caorda has delivered high-quality products and services to its clients and partners. As a testament to our team’s quality of work, Caorda won the VIATEC Online Strategy of the Year Award and has been nominated as a finalist many years.
At Caorda, we:
- believe in authentic collaboration
- believe a sense of humour and fun are essential parts of our business
- believe in creating a high-performance culture
Caorda prides itself on being a company that works hard to achieve superior results while fostering an enjoyable work environment.
Caorda is looking for a full-time web developer with WordPress, Drupal, PHP, and open source experience to help round out our excellent team. This is a great opportunity for an applicant looking to enhance their skills and is willing to be challenged daily with a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. The primary duties of this position revolve around website development and maintenance.
The range of tasks will vary from project to project such as developing responsive websites, implementing custom and theme based WordPress and Drupal websites, applying website software updates, developing and maintaining custom PHP sites, and troubleshooting and support existing client websites. Responsibilities for the role include taking ownership of tasks, providing accurate estimates on scope of work and seeing the tasks and projects through to delivery while ensuring communications within our team are clear.
We’re a growing team with lots on the go, and team members generally fill multiple roles; versatility and flexibility are critical traits for all team members.
- Implement and develop responsive WordPress and Drupal custom and theme websites
- Implement websites using the latest in HTML and CSS coding
- Maintain and support existing PHP websites and web applications
- General website maintenance, troubleshooting and content updates
- Develop and maintain custom WordPress plug-ins
- Develop custom PHP applications
- Provide accurate estimates for smaller tasks and larger projects
- Assist with website/software testing
- Handle multiple projects with tight task deadlines
- Communicate with project managers about requirements, project status and deliverables
- Contribute to Caorda’s online voice with blog articles on technical topics
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise
- Advanced HTML/CSS skills, with a focus on HTML5/CSS3
- Advanced WordPress knowledge and experience
- Advanced Drupal knowledge and experience
- Basic PHP skills
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Strong requirements gathering skills
- Strong understanding of SEO development and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Business awareness regarding project delivery
- Strong understanding of social media and general Internet principles
- Strong understanding of mobile platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team