You’re innovative. You’re a self-starter. You’re always up for a challenge. You’re exactly what we’re looking for! Come join Caorda Web Solutions’ dynamic team where your effort and input will make a difference.
Caorda Web Solutions provides creative web site design, custom web and database development, mobile app development, digital marketing, SEO and hosting solutions to a significant client base of small to medium sized businesses. Since its inception in 2003, Caorda has delivered high quality products and services to its clients and partners. As a testament to our team’s quality of work, Caorda has won the VIATEC Online Strategy of the Year Award and has been nominated as a finalist many years.
At Caorda, we:
- believe in authentic collaboration
- believe a sense of humour and fun are essential parts of our business
- believe in creating a high-performance culture
Caorda prides itself on being a company that works hard to achieve superior results, while fostering an enjoyable work environment.
Caorda is looking for a front-end web developer to help round out our excellent team. This is a great opportunity for an applicant looking to enhance his or her skills and is willing to be challenged daily with a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Initially, the primary duties of this position will revolve around website development and maintenance, but we want to support the successful candidate’s desire to broaden his or her skills to include more advanced programming skills, including PHP and native mobile application development.
The range of tasks will vary from project to project, and will include developing responsive websites using HTML and CSS, implementing custom and theme-based WordPress websites, applying website software updates, troubleshooting and supporting existing client websites, and performing client training. Responsibilities for the role include taking ownership of tasks, providing accurate estimates on scope of work, and shepherding tasks and projects from development through to delivery, while ensuring communications within our team are clear.
We’re a growing team with lots on the go, so team members generally fill multiple roles; versatility and flexibility are critical traits for all team members.
- Implement websites using the latest HTML and CSS standards
- Implement and develop responsive WordPress custom and theme-based websites
- Maintain and support existing PHP websites and web applications
- General website maintenance, troubleshooting and content updates
- Provide accurate estimates for smaller tasks and larger projects
- Assist with website/software testing
- Provide website training for clients in person and online
- Handle multiple projects with tight task deadlines
- Communicate with project managers about requirements, project status and deliverables
- Contribute to Caorda’s online voice with blog articles on technical topics
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise
- Expert HTML/CSS skills
- Advanced WordPress knowledge and experience
- Basic PHP skills
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Strong requirements gathering skills
- Strong understanding of SEO development and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Business awareness regarding project delivery
- Strong understanding of social media and general Internet principles
- Strong understanding of mobile platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, based your experience
- Health, dental, vision, and other benefits for you and your family
- Profit sharing plan every 6 months
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Bonus vacation time at Christmas
- Team lunches and fun team outings, Friday socials, coffee and pop
If you think you’re ready for a challenge and would like to be part of our team please send your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume via e-mail to email@example.com
Or use the form below.