TEST PAGE – Learn how to receive a $7,500 grant to build or improve your eCommerce web store.
Work with Caorda to build your proposal and apply for the Launch Online BC Government grant.
Do you run a small to medium-sized business and need help moving your store online?
Do you sell products that could sustain an online eCommerce store?
Does your business operate in BC and generated $30,000 in sales in 2019?
If you answered yes to each of the questions above, you could qualify for up to $7,500 in grant funding from the BC Government’s Launch Online initiative. This program provides funding assistance for businesses like yours to develop and launch a new or improved online store!
How Does The Program Work?
The Launch Online Grant program provides funding to B.C.-based businesses to create an online shop and/or improve their e-commerce experience to attract new local customers and expand to new markets. The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7,500 per business. That could be you!
Who qualifies for the grant?
There are some very specific criteria that you need to meet in order to be eligible to apply for this grant.
- The business is owned by a B.C. resident or residents;
- The business’s sole or primary operations are located in B.C.
- The business is registered in BC
- The business generated sales of more than $30,000 in the past year (in 2019, or in the year preceding the application)
- The business does not currently have an online store or has an online store with limited functionality
There are a few more requirements that we’d love to help you understand. If you meet all the above and would like to learn more. Please contact us right away. These grants are awarded on a First Come First Served basis.
What sort of services and products can this funding be used for?
Grant recipients can use the funding for a variety of online-related expenses, including pictures, creating an online inventory system, advertising costs, subscription costs of an e-commerce platform and training staff to manage the website. Here are a few more declarable expenses:
- Website and platform development
- Requirements and planning
- Inventory development
- Point of sale system integration and training
- Photography or stock imagery procurement
- eCommerce platform subscription fees (up to 1 year)
- Search Engine Optimization & marketing including advertising and banner creation for Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc…
“This program will provide business owners with the ability to expand their online presence and create a customized e-commerce site that will give them the boost they need to keep moving forward.” – Launch Online website
What’s the Grant Approval Process?
The application process consists of 3 major steps. Caorda will take the guesswork out of the entire application process. Any missed or incorrect information may render the whole application process inadmissible and void the process.
Step 1: The Proposal
Caorda will help you to develop a rock-solid grant proposal that indicates how you plan to use the funds. We will work with you to develop a cost estimate that includes how much funding you need and how the money will be spent. This needs to be accomplished in a relatively short document, so it’s important that we accomplish this perfectly. Any omissions or errors may render the application void.
Step 2: The Application
The Application consists of 33 simple questions. If you have all your info prepared in advance, the application can be completed in under 20 minutes. Caorda will guide you through the process using information that we have already collected. We will help you determine whether your business meets the eligibility criteria and help you submit your online shop proposal.
Step 3: Grand Decision & Award
Once submitted, your application will be vetted and considered for the grant. The consideration process takes roughly three weeks at which point the grant committee will contact you with the decision on your application.
Are there any deadlines?
All projects are required to have a completion time-frame of 12 weeks. At the end of this 12 week period, Caorda will ensure your project produces the following criteria for your new or enhanced online shop:
- Customer registration and information security features
- Shopping cart and order management capabilities
- Payment processing options including taxes and shipping costs at the time of ordering
- Product catalogue, search and inventory status
- Website analytics and reporting capabilities
- Meeting the criteria does not guarantee approval into the grant program.
- By submitting this application, you allow the Program to share information with the B.C. Provincial Government.
- To foster information sharing, applicant information might be shared with other levels of government and funding programs.
- Personal information is collected for administration of the Launch Online Grant including for confirming residency, under the Personal Information Protection Act. If you have questions about the collection you may contact Alacrity Canada at 844-487-1266 or email@example.com