You’ve setup your email on your device or computer and you can receive emails just fine – however, sending emails is not working. It’s usually a simple fix – if you get a relay denied error and your password is correct, then you likely do not have SMTP authentication set correctly.
- Open your Outlook 2010/2007 and click on the File button
- On the Info page that is displayed, Click Account Settings > Account Settings
- In the new Account Settings window, under the E-mail tab, double click on the email account you are experiencing problems with
- Click on More Settings … and a new window will appear.
- Select the 2nd tab Outgoing Server
- make sure the checkmark is checked and the first option “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is set.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the home page
- Scroll down and Select ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’
- Select the email account you wish to modify
- Click ‘Account’
- Scroll down to ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ and click ‘SMTP’.
- Click on the ‘Primary Server’
- Make sure the slider is ‘On’ and that ‘Use SSL’ is off
- Click on ‘Authentication’ and select “Password”
- Click Done.
If you experience any issues after following these instructions, then do get in touch and we will assist you.