Caorda Web Solutions provides creative web site design, digital marketing, seo, custom web and database development, mobile app development, and hosting solutions to a significant client base of small to medium sized businesses. Since 2003, Caorda’s team has been bringing the heat with full end-to-end web services, getting businesses of all sizes online and performing their absolute best. As a testament to our quality of work, Caorda has won the VIATEC Online Strategy of the Year Award and has been nominated many times as a finalist in various categories.
At Caorda, we:
- believe in authentic collaboration
- believe a sense of humour and fun are essential parts of our business
- believe in creating a high-performance culture
Caorda prides itself on being a company that works hard to achieve superior results, while always ensuring there is time taken to foster an enjoyable work environment.
The primary function of the System Administrator position is to ensure Caorda’s data centre services are running 24/7. In addition, this position supports Caorda’s day-to-day IT infrastructure, office location, and remote working staff. We require solid IT knowledge in both Windows and Linux environments with the ability to focus on immediate priorities while planning for future needs. This position facilitates all aspects of Caorda’s technology.
- Windows and Linux server administration
- Create and deploy servers and their required services
- Support and maintain internal and data centre services (AD, DNS, DHCP, Network, firewall rule maintenance)
- Perform daily system monitoring, including verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups
- Manage system redundancy and disaster recovery
- Analyze and resolve incidents in a timely manner to minimize downtime to all clients while coordinating and communicating with staff
- Install servers and configure hardware, applications, services and storage in accordance with best practices.
- Create and support Bash, Powershell and other automation scripts
- Install new software releases, evaluate and install patches.
- Manage infrastructure software licenses
- Ensure security best practices are followed and respond to critical events.
- Create and maintain installation, configuration and procedure documentation.
- Capacity upgrade planning and annual IT budget
- Create and manage annual IT purchasing plan
- Work collaboratively with staff and clients to gather details and support projects.
- Support staff with the software and web development and deployment process
- Support staff with their use of corporate applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, and file shares
- Support staff with their use of corporate technology, including computers, tablets, mobile devices, peripherals, network devices
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve client incidents and update tickets and clients appropriately within defined service level agreements (SLA)
- Manage multiple tasks and projects at one time
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with web servers including Apache and IIS
- Solid understanding of web infrastructure, including web servers, SSL, email, DNS
- Experience with Network Administration (firewall, switches, and VLAN management)
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Understanding of security best practices
- Ability to support MySQL and MS SQL database systems
- Knowledge of Sophos, Dell, IBM, Lenovo Products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (2016/2019)
- Experience with System Administration
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365,
- Experience with Linux (Centos / RedHat)
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Microsoft clustering
- Ability to create and maintain automation scripts in Windows and Linux (Bash, Powershell)
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of desktop hardware and software
- Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Ability to focus on the details and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Clear and concise writing and communication techniques and able to communicate in user-friendly language
- On call as required and able to respond to monitoring notifications
- Overtime as required (overtime in lieu)
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Ability to travel
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to management for input and reference
- Strong customer service mindset
- Team player able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary, based on your experience
- Health, dental, vision, and other benefits for you and your family
- Profit sharing plan every 6 months
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Bonus vacation time at Christmas
- Team lunches and fun team outings, Friday socials, coffee and pop
If you think you’re ready for a challenge and would like to be part of our team, please send your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume via email to email@example.com.
Or use the form below.